Well, hello there. Welcome to Loops. The one-and-only, new, consolidated, bigger, even better, even loopier Loops at 61st & Yale in Tulsa, Oklahoma. This store has been nearly 10 years in the making. We invent, we grow, we learn, we reinvent. We add more spinning, more play, more fun. We add more comfort, more […]
It takes a brave person to open their deepest, darkest secrets up to the public.
As I’m about to show you, Loops Troops member, Tracy is a very brave person.
In the spirit of National Knit in Public Week, I asked Tracy to share all of the projects she currently has on her needles. An admitted cast-on-aholic, Tracy has, shall we say, quite a few. But we know that sharing these may not only relieve some of the guilt you feel for having so many projects, but also inspire you to cast on something new! We’re sneaky like that. Mwahaha.
Now, here’s where it gets really dark and even more secret.
Next, in a moment of unprecedented courage (and perhaps just a little pressure from me), Tracy agreed to share photos of her stash. You know how you all feel so guilty about that one bin of unused yarn hiding in a closet or under your bed? Well, behold the stash of Tracy:
And these are her knitting books:
Plus a little more yarn on the top shelf:
Now, don’t you all feel just a little bit better? And don’t you all feel the need to cast on something new? Yeah, we thought so. And we know a couple of places you can find a great new project.
shop online at loopsknitting.com
We asked. You answered. And now we’ve got 5 – count ’em, 5 – knitalongs chosen by you, starting next week at Loops!
The Loops Troops have formed 5 teams, each with a different project. Everybody’s using different yarns, to keep it interesting. And to keep it even more interesting, we’ve got…wait for it…
The KAL team that gets the most members by April 1 is the **winner**. You become a team member by (a) purchasing your yarn from Loops or loopsknitting.com, and (b) showing up for at least one weekly knitalong and signing in, OR posting a photo of your yarn in our Loopalicious Ravelry group, under the corresponding KAL group. The group threads will be up by tomorrow morning, March 12.
And now for the prizes.
Everyone on the **winning** team gets a $10 Loops gift card. Yeah, we said everyone. Also, you can be a little sneaky and join multiple teams to increase your odds.
And really, everyone wins, because you get to make a gorgeous project and get free support along the way! Do keep in mind, these are not classes. You need to be familiar with cast on, knit, purl, increase and decrease to participate…and for the lace classes, you should know what a YO is For the crochet-along, you need to know chain stitch, single crochet and double crochet.
Now, for the five Loops Spring KAL (and CAL) groups!
1. Team Tuesday Night Wrap Stars. This group will meet Tuesday nights at Loops Utica from 6-7:30pm, starting Tuesday, March 19th. Making Roberta’s Wrap. Many of us have made this super-easy, super-versatile vest in Louet Euroflax (shown below). Jane and Ruth will be using Ripple and Lontue for a two-tone version with a multi effect for one section.
Love this 2-tone version…
2. Team Racy Lacy. This group will meet at 2pm Wednesday at Loops South, starting March 20th. They will be making the Lace Ponchette. Team leaders Janet, Cindy, Linda and Loretta are using 4 different yarns: Sublime Silk & Bamboo DK, Firefly, Malabrigo Silky Merino and Louet Euroflax. Here’s a photo of your leaders:
And here’s the project (photos by rei on ravelry):
3. Team Scowlicious. This group will also meet Tuesday nights at Loops Utica from 5:30-7:00, starting Tuesday, March 19th. They will be making the crocheted Net Scowl. Sherri is leading the group and using Cristallo, plus she will have lots of yarn ideas, including the Rapport and Prism Euroflax that our two Ginas used for their Scowls:
4. Team Steamy will meet Thursdays from 1:30-3:00pm at Loops Utica, making the Age of Brass and Steam Shawlette, starting March 21st. This is a great first lace project. Looks great in Berroco Linsey (shown below) and any DK or worsted yarn with good drape. Cassidy and Holly will be the team leaders.
5. Team Dirty Skirty includes Tracy, Nancy and Gina R. They will be meeting Sundays at Loops South from 1:00-3:00, starting March 17, and making the Lanesplitter skirt (although the Swirl Skirt got lots of votes, we’ve researched it and we think the Lanesplitter is a little easier, with more flattering results). Below are some photos by NelkinDesigns (and by the way, she has some great notes for making the skirt seamless on her blog, here! Thanks Laura!). Linsey and Kudo are great yarn choices for this.
So…ready, set, start your needles! Get your yarn and get into a knitalong group next week!
shop online at loopsknitting.com
P.S. Special thanks to new Looper, Pam M., for taking the impromptu photo of the Racy Lacy team! When you walk into Loops, you never know when you might get hit up to be a photographer – or a model!